Monday, November 1, 2010

One of Dad's "Camp Meat" Gemsbok

Well I just got back to my apartment after putting in a full day of studying my cadaver dog for a whopper of a gross anatomy test that we have on Friday, and I wanted to mess around with adding more videos to my blog.  This is a video that I took of my dad hunting a cull, non-trophy gemsbok that our guide Kamati wanted to shoot for camp meat.  We saw it from the road and made the stalk that you will watch. He finishes it off with a great spinal shot from his .340 Weatherby with 250 grain trophy bonded bullet.  The great part of hunting in Africa is the opportunity for trigger time for camp meat, culling, and bait procurement.  It is great experience for when you run into Mr. Big on a hunting trip like this.  This video was taken in Namibia while hunting on the Eden Wildlife Trust.  A 70,000 acre ranch in the northern part of the country.  It is home to several species of plains game, elephants, cheetah, black rhinos, and all kinds of other wildlife.  Eden is truly a place that is awesome for anyone looking for a first safari or going on there 20th safari.   Hope you enjoy the video (May 2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment