Sunday, November 7, 2010

Kansas State Wildcats vs. Texas Longhorns (39-14)



I got my hands on a couple extra tickets to the KSU v. Texas football game, so I invited two of my good friends to drive over from Kansas City to go to the game with me.  I met John and Matt while a student at Concordia College in Moorhead, MN.  John is currently a medical student at KCUMB and Matt is staying with him while he completes one of his pharmacy rotations at a county hospital in Kansas City.  They arrived at my apartment at about 9am and we made pancakes, bacon and sausage and then went to one of the K-State apparel stores over in Aggieville and picked up a couple purple sweatshirts so they would blend in in the student section.  After that I took them on a quick tour of the vet school.  Then we started to enjoy some beers and grilled some brats on the grill.  My apartment is within view of Bill Snyder Stadium so about an hour before game time we headed over to the stadium and stopped to do a little tailgating where my girlfriend was hanging out with some of our classmates.  The game was packed with an estimated 46,000 people attendance.  It was John and Matt's first experience with a big division one football game and I think KSU did a great job of welcoming them with a 39 to 14 victory that included 5 interceptions of the Texas QB Gilbert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment