Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pheasant Hunt 10/30/10

Yesterday my dad took seven guys and seven dogs out to our 320 acre farm in northern Davison county to do a little pheasant hunting.  The season has been open for two weeks now and this is only the second hunt on the farm this year.  I was home for the season opener and only hunted that Saturday.  We saw lots of birds but only managed to get two, there were quite a few first year birds which is always a promising sight.  I have never really been a fan of pheasant hunting in October as I have found the best time of year to do it is in December when the birds are concentrated in our CRP and food plots.  Dad said it was a good group of guys and they bagged 14 birds.  My only complaint is that my dad originally only invited a couple of guys, but those guys invited several more without my dad's knowledge.  To me this is rude, but my dad didn't seem to mind all that much.  Anyway, my dad is always proud to showoff the farm and all the hard work he has put into it to make it that wildlife haven that it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment